Monday, December 6, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again!

While the holiday season moves full steam ahead, I have fallen way behind the pack. I've managed to get our tree up this weekend but that is about it. Most of my shopping has been done but another trip to the mall is still in order. I keep telling myself not to stress, but you all know how that goes!

Amongst the chaos, I did take some time to make toffee. It tastes divine, if I may say so myself. You can find the recipe HERE if you'd care to give it a try.


I am currently in the process of organizing my craft supplies. I have managed to accrue quite a bit of scrapbooking related items this year and my craft room is about to explode. I have decided that it is time to get rid of some of my old stuff in order to make room for the new.

This is my paint in it's before state. Over time, I have managed to collect over 300 bottles and it was taking up way too much space.


It is much lighter now after tossing over 100 bottles.


I have taken all of my glitter and placed each of them into clear glass salt and pepper shakers. I've placed all of the shakers onto a lovely silver platter.


I love the reflection of the glitter against the shiny glass and the silver platter.


There is still so much more organizing to do. My goal is to have it done before January 1st. Nothing like starting the year with a clean slate, or at least a clean craft room.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by and for leaving me such sweet comments. I hope that you are all doing well and aren't stressing too much over the holiday hubbub. I'll be back soon with a holiday-themed tutorial!

Take care!

Aloha,

20 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

You know, I was just thinking I really needed to do something about this glitter disorder I have... you know the disease when you can't help but love the shiny stuff, and go..."ohhhhh", and before you know it you have another bottle of it at home...Beautiful, useful... and oh, so very sparkly! Thanks for the idea... and for all of the other wonderful things you share so generously with us!

Lorrie said...

Your glitter storage is the perfect solution! I need to head off to the thrift store for some salt and pepper shakers!
Take time to breathe.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the toffee recipe...my husband loves toffee, so I think I will surprise him with some! Have a Merry Christmas...I will wait to reorganize my sewing room until after the holidays, I just mess it up everytime I go in there!

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

oooo so good to see you back. I have missed you. I stalk.. I LOVE the glitter idea. I may have to make that work for me too.

Melody said...

Your glitter collection looks amazing. What a fabulous idea.

Nancy said...

The salt & pepper shakers filled with glitter is a great idea and looks so festive....Nancy

Tina said...

Love, love, LOVE the glitter in the salt shakers. What an awesome way to not only display, but use them.
Stay creative, Tina

Mayen said...

Pepper and salt shaker for the glitter! What a great idea! I`m going to use it:-)
Mayen

Deb said...

I love your storage ideas, especially for the glitter! And that toffee looks good too. I think I'll have to try the recipe.

Unknown said...

Amiga, estoy de acuerdo contigo, hay que desechar lo que no usamos (si no se puede reciclar) y dejar espacio para lo nuevo que está por llegar, te felicito.

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, what a beautiful and useful idea for your glitter. I also love toffee and yours sure looks yummy.

Take care.

Debbie said...

Thanks for the great idea for glitter!! I'll be heading to the thrift store as well for some salt and pepper shakers.

I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all the hard work you put in to it.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy 2011

Lorraine said...

My gosh, what an awesome idea!

vickie said...

just looked at how you put the GLITTER in the salt and pepper shakers, O MY GOSH!! what a great idea!! I have lots of old ones that my mom and dad had, and mom is no longer with us, I never knew what to do with so many, and even thought of getting rid of them, now I have your great idea! I love the look! Thanks for sharing with everyone.

Kathy ~~~ said...

you are so talented!!! I love the idea of putting the glitter in salt shakers! Love your trees also. I'm way behind on my blog, so no peeking. LOL I hope to catch up after Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Tolentreasures said...

What an amazing idea for the glitter! It is perfect storage!

Good luck on all of your organization, I need some of your energy right now!

Cathy

Jami said...

What a brilliant way to store your glitter! LOVE it!!! So happy you share this! They all looks so pretty in the glass

CharityHand said...

Awesome idea for storing glitter and it looks so pretty! :)

Celina said...

I love the glitter on the platter. It looks really pretty! What a neat way to display it.

teedee said...

Hi Lettie,
I'm a long time lurker(I had you bookmarked) and frequently checked in on your blog. I missed your posts and am glad you're back. You are so generous to share your creativity.

Thanks from the Shenandoah valley (Virginia!).

Teedees4th