Thursday, March 10, 2011

Las Vegas

She is still as sparkly as she can be and as exciting as ever. The grand old gal, Las Vegas, never seems to disappoint. As fantastic as Las Vegas is, I don't know how anyone manages to live there. The stimulation alone would kill me. I am glad to be home.

I hope to get back to work on the drawer unit this weekend. I can't wait to get the project wrapped up, not just because it is an amazing piece, but because my craft room is a mess and I simply cannot be creative in there. The one thing that I have come to realize after working hour after hour on the unit is that I really hate fixing anything, especially something so large. If given a choice between fixing the unit or going to the dentist, I sincerely believe that I'd opt to have my teeth drilled if it would mean that someone else would fix the unit!

I managed to complete an entry in my art journal this morning. Although insignificant, it fulfills my need to create.


I may still add to it in the future if the inspiration hits me, but for now, put a fork in it as I am calling it done!

Thank you for the wonderful comments that you continue to leave me. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend. Take care!

Aloha,

17 comments:

Billies Primitives said...

oh, I LOVE LAS VEGAS!!! My favorite place to visit, I would ask if you had fun, but I know the answer!!! because if you did not have fun, something is wrong with you.... Too much to do and see, to be bored there....

Montsemi said...

Qué bonito diario, es una obra de arte. Un besazo guapa y feliz fin de semana.

Nile e Richard said...

Oi Arlete.
Que bom que estas de volta.
Mas eu adoro las vegas,justamente pelo grande movimento e brilhos.
As capas de cadernos estão lindas.
bjtos.Nile.

Sewing Junkie said...

Sounds like you had fun. Hopefully with the tsunami going on right now you are safe. Chris

AverettLadyNana said...

Prayers for your safety during Tsunami this morning!

Nicola said...

Prayers for your safety during Tsunami.

Maggey and Jim said...

Sending prayers your way,, hopefully out of danger.. Take care,

Maggey

Needled Mom said...

I know what you mean about Vegas. I couldn't live there either.

Love your journal pages. They capture Vegas perfectly.

Lola said...

hey lettie, i just stumbled across your beautiful blog. you are living in hawaii- are you alright? all my prayers are with those affected by that damn quake!
all the best from germany
lola

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Lettie, hope everyone is safe. Your the first person I thought of when they said that tsunami would hit Hawaii.

Lois

Elisa Cherry said...

Arlette I can't believe you call yourself a novice! Your art journal entry looks amazing. I'm stepping into the world of art journaling myself! Can't wait to see how your new craft storage turns out!

Janine said...

Oh Lettie,
you are so creative, you are not just great in sewing and crafting, you are great in journaling too.
BRAVO.
Have a great week
Janine

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Lettie,
I, too, was thinking about your safety this weekend. And now, laughing about your comments on LasVegas. I agree...it's a fun place to visit for just a couple of days...then I'm ready for home!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie

Karla Storey Photography & Beauty said...

Do you know how to make diaper bags or wallets? Please email me at karla.storey@hotmail.com if you do! Thanks!

Ellie said...

Hi~ I stumbled onto your blog tonight. I lived in Las Vegas for 6 and 1/2 years, moving to Florida last year. I miss it so much - the lights, weather, mountains, shows, people . . . well, EVERYTHING. This is where I spent the happiest and most peaceful years of my life. Know what? The fascination never left the whole time I lived there. I will now become a visitor. Am glad you are home safely.

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, I love Las Vegas. I hope you had a winning time there. I haven't been there in about 7 years. I don't travel well anymore with my health issues.

I love your journal pages. You are so creative.

Take care.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Hello old friend! Hope this little note finds you well. I was so happy to return from Vegas the last time we visited...fun times... but always good to touch your feet on home ground! Blessings and best wishes♥